Dr Alida Connell trained and practiced as a General Practitioner before qualifying as a Fellow Psychiatrist of the South African College of Medicine and obtaining a Master’s in Medicine for her research in the field of Psychiatry. Currently she practices in the private health sector and provides telepsychiatric services to adults. Dr Connell is especially passionate about creating spaces where the wellbeing of the hearts, minds, souls and strength of her patients may be addressed. She formulates treatment plans with biological and psychological goals which can support patients in achieving their full individual and social potential.
- Dr Alida Connell requires triage before accepting new referrals. Once a booking is created, we will start the triage process, and if any change is required we will get in touch with your practice and your patient accordingly.
- Dr Alida can only see patients 18 years old and above.
- She is also happy to provide ongoing treatment when clinically suited.
- Cognitive behavioural therapy for
- Eating disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- Depressive disorders
- Trauma related disorders
- Psychodynamic therapy
- Motivational interviewing
- Brief substance use intervention techniques
- Dialectical behavioural therapy techniques
- SBRT – Social
- Mindfulness techniques
- Exposure and response prevention techniques
- Trauma-focused techniques
- Acceptance and Commitment
- Therapy techniques
- Behavioural modification techniques
- Parental guidance techniques
- Habit reversal techniques